Cedar Creek Lodges has a range of accommodation options, conference venues, wedding facilities and family-friendly activities to suit everyone from young children to couples, families, conference delegates and wedding and event parties. Cedar Creek Lodges is located within Thunderbird Park, a magnificent hinterland property covering 112 hectares on Tamborine Mountain.
Our mission is to be the destination of choice for travellers who are looking for a unique rural retreat, along with our ingrained ‘yes certainly’ customer service standards and ongoing community engagements.
We are extremely proud of our culture! Our staff retention is high, we have fabulous employee engagement and offer flexible working conditions to ensure a healthy work/life balance.
Our success is driven by our people, so joining our team means you’ll have opportunities to grow your career in a collaborative culture where your voice is heard and your contribution is valued.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Project professionalism at all times
- Flexible and resourceful
- Good grooming and presentation
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Weekend availability is a must
- Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of service and ensure all staff engage guests to understand their needs and exceed expectations
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food quality and service
- Lead by example and work side by side with team members to build trust and develop the skills and capabilities of the team
- Creating a positive and productive work environment built on motivating, inspiring and leading an effective team that delivers results and is highly engaged
- Be involved in recruitment decisions and training of new employees
- Work closely with senior management in rostering; it will be your responsibility to ensure labour costs are kept to a minimum by running shifts and finishing staff at appropriate times
- Managing day-to-day staffing requirements, planning and assigning work, and establishing performance and development goals for team members
- Ensure statutory responsibilities are met and effectively liaise with regulatory organisations, food and health professionals as required;
- Work closely with the kitchen team to ensure quality of food and service is delivered and have a one team approach;
- Identifying additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue, driving promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value;
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Oversee inventory to ensure costs are within budget
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection
Employment under the Thunderbird Park Single Enterprise Agreement
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.