Salary : Competitive salary package
Posted on : Sun Nov 07, 2021
Apply before : Mon Dec 06, 2021
Job Type : Full-time, Permanent
Job category : Construction, Other
Applicants Wanted for the Role of a Steel Detailer / Civil engineering draftsperson
About the business
Elmasry Steel Design and Detailing (ESDD) is a well-established business in the field of Steel Detailing in NSW. As the largest detailing office in Sydney, ESDD’s practices lead the industry, and the company is frequently involved in large-scale, high-profile projects.
About the role
The role requires you to develop and control 3D Tekla models and produce 2D shop drawings for design, fabrication, and erection of structural steel.
The right candidate will be a motivated problem solver, communicator and team player who loves to get into the detail and be involved early on major projects.
A detailer is expected to be exceptional in all aspects of Tekla software with a complete understanding of the design, fabrication, and construction industry.
A successful candidate must be willing to commit and be involved in challenging projects with the ability to complete tasks to the company’s and our clients’ satisfaction.
ESDD is a company with a difference, working closely with clients and consultants to assist with design development, procurement and delivery strategies, erection and fabrication methodologies and overall project coordination.
Benefits and perks
- A competitive salary package
- A friendly, cheerful, and comfortable working environment
- Access to the latest technology and available software and hardware.
- The ability to work in an office that is close to public transport, a large shopping centre and plenty of local amenities
- Unlimited potential for the right candidates with high exposure to industry leading designers and builders.
Skills and experience
- Must be very experienced in Tekla structures and BIM software.
- Must have a full understanding of the steel detailing and civil drafting industry with engineering, architectural, and computer skills looked upon favourably.
- Must be able to work in teams effectively
- Must be able to communicate with clients in a professional manner
- Must be able to both dedicate themselves to a job when needed and to assist others when that is the greater need
To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter to Applications@elmasry.com.au