If you hire:
- Employees 50 years of age and over
- Indigenous Australians
- Youth bonuses ($10,000 or $6,500)
- Parent carers (up to $6,500)
- Long Term unemployed (up to $6.500)
- Apprentices and traineeships (wage subsidy)
What are the conditions?
- Your business has an Australian Business Number
- You have not previously received a wage subsidy for the same employee
- A minimum of 20 hours per week over the six month period of the wage subsidy agreement
- The work is ongoing
- Work standards and laws are complied with
- The work is not commission, sub-contracting or self-employment
- Is not work for a family member
- The new employee cannot displace an existing employee
- That employee must be registered with government agencies for a certain period of time.
Want to know more?
Jobstar will assist you in seeking eligible jobseekers. Call us on 1300 554 286.
This is an Australian Government initiative to assist jobseekers who are keen to work but may not be considered by employers. This incentive will give opportunities to both employers and employees to continue to make Australia the country of a fair go for all.