Support Worker (Residential Youth & Disability) - Rockhampton QLD 4700
MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE, for IMMEDIATE START!
ABOUT Co-Ordinated Support Services:
Co-Ordinated Support Services (CSS) is a licensed human service organisation providing, reliable, therapeutic, specialist support to individuals and their families while positively impacting on their lives.
Co-Ordinated Support Services (CSS) has a number of paid positions available for people that are interested in supporting youth in a residential care environment and has an interest in disability support.
CSS provides services to support people within our community that live with various disabilities, mental health issues, and require the following supports:
- Household chores and grocery shopping
- Medication and medical appointments
- Fishing and Beach activities
- Social inclusion and community access
- Meeting personal goals
- Development of independent living skills
- Implementation of behaviour management strategies
We we are looking for people that are passionate about making a real difference in people's lives and strive to help others. Someone who enjoys working with variety of different challenges.These positions will involve residential, community and in home support within our disability and youth support programs. Due to the nature of this position applicants need to be willing to undertake personal development to meet the requirements of these positions.
- Work flexibility across a 14 day/night roster, which includes shift work, weekend, public holidays, night shifts & overnight sleepovers.
- Experience in working with youth in a residential setting, is highly desirable.
- Understanding or ability to gain knowledge about trauma based behaviours.
- Willingness and ability to work with complex and challenging behaviours. PRIOR to commencement, your eligibility to apply for or hold current: (these are to be maintained at your own expense).
- MUST have Blue Card
- Positive Notice Criminal History Check - Yellow Card
- Valid and current First Aid and CPR certification
- Must have completed or be enrolled to commence a minimum Certificate 4 Qualification in a relevant area (Child, Youth and Family Intervention/Disability/Mental Health/Community Services)
If you would like to be part of a new, exciting team, then get the ball rolling and apply now!